Saturday, July 18, 2009

M'ehcau


Linda from Trip Advisor last June posted a blog heading describing a day in Macau. Thanks Linda, but i have to disagree - Macau has been treating me alright so far....
Macau Day 2.5 for me and all going well, slowly settling into Cirque and Macau life.
Luckily for me i'm gently being eased into working life, starting my days nice and late in the afternoon. It's something I could get used to!
And to add excitement in the mix we had a typhoon come past Hong Kong and Macau last night and the early hours of the morning. Initially it was a level 8 warning but only came to a level 3 in Macau but it has been quite a wet and windy day. Lucky for us (unlucky for HK) it passed through HK quite severely.

A highlight so far has been the great diversity of food available - from Macanese, Portugese, Chinese, Burmese, etc, etc.
The Crab porridge at Seng Cheong restaurant in Old Taipa village was something I read about online that I had to try......





The first day I went for a walk in the morning breakfast hunting, and low and behold....a Burmese takeaway!! So breakfast, Burmese style - Mohinga (fish chowder with rice noodles)...





So me and Macau are fitting like an old pair of jeans, like two old friends that are catching up over some drinks. The hotel i've been put up in has been fine, the empty pool now has one patron in the morning (me - except today due to the rain)...



Cirque so far has been very welcoming to the newbie so i've had a chance to find my feet and have not been rushed into anything. I've started treating my first artists which has been a bit different to the type of 'patients' i've been used to back home - but they are human after all so I haven't felt out of my depth.
Most (all?) of the artists are in amazing physical condition - a good analogy would be a mechanic that is used to working on Holden's or Toyota's that has changed to working in a Porsche workshop. I'm not complaining.
The only downfall so far has been being away from my 3 girls back home : (
But I know in a few weeks time we will be together again...

No comments:

Post a Comment